Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Note from Kate Wall, our new momstown Victoria Event Coordinator!


Hi, my name is Kate and I am the new momstown Victoria events coordinator for the Langford area. My family and I just recently moved to Victoria, from Ottawa, and we now live in Langford. I am a mother of 2 very energetic boys, along with my third little man due at the end of September, which can’t come soon enough! 

I have a passion for helping mothers meet other mothers which is fired from my past experiences. I have been a stay-at-home Mom for almost four years, and I have also moved around a lot in my life; my father was in the Military and my husband recently retired from the Military (after 10 years of service.) I know first-hand how hard it is, and how isolating it can be sometimes, to be a mother. 

I’m very excited to be part of momstown Victoria, and to start coordinating events in the Langford area. I see this as a fantastic opportunity to build a great group of moms from within the Langford/Westshore area (and beyond!) a reason to get out and socialize with other moms and their children and a great excuse to get out of the house. We are a very active family and we can’t sit still for long, entertaining my boys is easier when we are out of the house. We’ve enjoyed many momstown events, “Active Mamas” being one of my favorites. I also enjoy “Crafty Mamas” which is childfree and blissful! My sons really enjoy any events that involve going to Tumblebums! 

When we are not participating in momstown events we love exploring our new surroundings, there’s so much to do here! We enjoy going to Thetis Lake, exploring local trails, fishing in Langford Lake (but never successfully catching anything) and playing at the water park – just to name a few. I can’t wait to coordinate some momstown events at some of my new favorite places.


Join Kate at Tumblebums on Tuesday, August 28th, 9:30-11 am! Only $5 per play for members only, or when you come for a momstown playdate on a free 4-week trial! Sign up today!

1 comment: