Are you looking for a way to channel your creative energy? Are you a positive, outgoing person inspired by parenting, early education and community? Are you looking for a fun, part-time supplemental income? Then joining the momstown team could be the answer for you!
Job Description – Event Coordinator
momstown Victoria is currently seeking creative, self-motivated, and energetic individuals for a rolling 3-month contract position as an Event Coordinator. In this exciting role you will coordinate & execute fun and educational events and field trips for parents and young children ages 0-6 years old.
This part-time role requires approximately 8-12 hours per month. We’re currently looking for up to two Event Coordinators for our momstown Victoria chapter to run fun, family-friendly events, such as our Baby Basics, Alphabet Play, Tales for Tots, Junior Chefs, Little Scientists, Discovery Field Trips and more! This is the perfect role for a SAHM or mom on maternity leave. Where else can you run events and work with your kids in tow!
- Event Coordination
- Creating and customizing events from designated momstown curriculum
- Personally running & attending a minimum of 4 events per month: prepping supplies and running activities.
- Act as a membership ambassador and liaise with members
- Outgoing, dynamic leader who is creative, organized, highly self-motivated
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Vested interest in children and parenting
- Comfort with leading circle/storytimes and craft activities for children
- Must have a valid driver’s license & reliable vehicle
- Must have a reliable computer and Internet access
- Criminal record check is required
- Event planning experience and First Aid would both be assets
- Independent Contract work – 3-month rolling contract
- Per Event Rate
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please submit your resume and cover letter by August 10, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org.