No-Fail Banana Bread
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch bread loaf pan.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar
3/5 teaspoon lemon zest
1/3 cup margarine (or butter, softened)
1 to 2 large eggs, beaten
1 to 1/4 cup mashed bananas (2 to 3)
1. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, margarine and lemon zest until creamy. Add the eggs and mashed bananas.
3. Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, beating until smooth after each addition.
4. Scrape into the bread loaf pan and bake for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool slightly and turn out of the pan. Cool completely before slicing.
- Use really ripe bananas!
- Add 1/2 cup of walnuts or chocolate chips after beating in the dry ingredients.
- Substitute 1 tablespoon ground flax seed and 3 tablespoons water for each egg and use Earth Balance margarine to make them vegan!
We're making the best playgroup granola bars at our Jr. Chef in March! Not a member yet? Register for your FREE 4-week trial and start connecting with other moms at our great family events today!