Big Soft Ginger Cookies
Yields 2 dozen
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, egg, water and molasses.
- Add the sifted ingredients to the molasses mixture and mix well.
- Shape the dough into walnut sized balls (one and a half inches), and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto a cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Enjoy! I'm still looking for the perfect cookie to share this year. Let me know if you have any suggestions!